Dry eyes are another common issue. Moisture is needed to create a suction action for the contact lenses. Without this moisture, the contact lenses will have a hard time “sticking” to the eye. Fortunately, there are always solutions available from your local optometrist that will help you find the right fit for your eyes to improve your vision.
How Your Optometrist Can Help You Find the Right Pair
As mentioned before, the eye can be warped and shaped differently based on a multitude of various factors. Your optometrist can order eyeglasses and contact lenses based upon the measurements of your eyes. A proper eye exam will be able to determine if you have astigmatism, dry eyes, or more and order the best pairs possible to fit your eyes. One-size-fits-all is virtually nonexistent when it comes to contact lenses and eyeglasses and your optometrist will be able to set you up with a pair that will help you enhance your vision in no time.
Contact Lens Exam Process
Here are the basic steps to the contact lens exam process.
- Standard Eye Exam. Your optometrist will do a thorough eye exam and look for any physical detriments to the eye. You will be asked to do a basic vision test during this time too.
- Contact Lens Preferences. Your doctor will ask you if you have any preferences when it comes to contact lenses. Some of these may include eye color and overnight contact lens preferences.
- Eye Surface Measurements. Your eyes will be measured to find the right fit when it comes to contact lenses.
- Tear Film Evaluation. This test will determine whether or not you suffer from dry eyes and your prescription contact lens will be delivered according to this data.
- Lens Fitting. Your contact lenses will be fitted. A trial pair will be given to give you time to get adjusted to this new source of vision for you.
Let Us Help You Improve Your Vision
Mi Vision Eye Care in San Antonio, TX has the right resources to help you get the contact lenses that will fit you the best. Our professional team of eye care specialists is ready to assist you when you need it the most. Give us a call at (210) 899-5412 to schedule your professional consultation today.